our carer workshops are online!
**Please disregard the dates in the calendar of events in this document
- See 'Register' Page for Dates and TimesZoomDRW31: Why Dementia Care is DifferentDementia care is unlike other care - The day to day realities are underestimated and carers do not receive appropriate information or support to enable them to care well. Understand dementia’s unique demands enables carers to adapt and cope with endless frustrations.
- See 'Register' Page for Dates and TimesZoomDRW10 Let's Talk! Chat Time for CarersEVERY WEEK - a chat time for anyone who has completed a workshop and wants to stay in touch A weekly one hour session with no agenda – think of it as ‘drop in’ time and bring concerns, questions and stories to share these with others. LET’S TALK is a supportive space: ask each other for assistance.
- See 'Register' Page for Dates and TimesZoomDRW21: States of Dementia - Seeing Through a Gems© LensAppreciate the state a person is and respond appropriately. Know when things change. States are not stages (early, moderate, severe). People move in and out of different states, even in one day. Observe so you can respond well. Based on PAC GEMS(c) model.
- See 'Register' Page for Dates and TimesZoomDRW41: Some Common Issues a Carer Will EncounterThis Workshop gives you skills and practice in identifying potential problems, ideas for approaching these, and strategies to help divert or de-escalate. Will be participant-led: raise and share issues you are facing. We will work through possible solutions.
- See 'Register' Page for Dates and TimesZoomDRW51: Dealing with 'Difficult Behaviours'‘Challenging behaviours’ may be rational responses to people not knowing how to connect well or deal with aggravations - noise, confusion, fear, hunger, discomfort, thoughts they can’t communicate. Learn to observe and respond to defuse and calm agitation, confusion, aggression.
New to our workshops?
Start with the Introductory one (DRW 1) and then the others are open to you!