The Teen Book Project
FEBRUARY TO APRIL 2021
About the Event
Dementia changes a person we know and love - and that can be hard. There are lots of books to help children and adults understand dementia but not many for teens.
We are looking for people who are teens or who were teens when a family member was diagnosed with dementia. We want to know how you think we can better help young people understand what is happening as dementia advances.
We'd love you to become part of a team to write this book.
Share your stories, good and not so good
Share your insights and thoughts - what information would you have liked, would you like now, what would have helped you understand better?
But first join this kickstarter meeting to hear what we're about. In the meeting we will:
- Hear from Bridie about her overall plan for the book and how you can contribute.
- Hear from Gaynor about the GEMS model of dementia which will frame the book.
- Hear from you about ideas you might have or might want to work on
Then join us! and feel free to invite other friends or family members who might be interested (ask them to register too).
Becoming part of the team means:
- Attending our planning meetings whenever you can - we know you are busy so don't want to put too much pressure on you!
- Feeding in ideas (big, small, whatever!)
- Giving us feedback on the ideas and shape of the book
Everyone who becomes part of our book writing team will be acknowledged in the final production.
If you want to contribute but can't make the first meeting, just let us know! You can still be involved
We are very excited that this is happening! Please remember that anyone under 18 years will need a parent's permission to join the project - they only need to send us an email.